I recently went on a family outing.
我最近参加了一次家庭郊游。
The kids were running around,
孩子们到处乱跑,
being crazy like kids do,
就像孩子们那样疯狂,
and my wife and I taking care of them.
而我的妻子和我负责照顾他们。
My mother-in-law also came to have fun and help,
我的婆婆也来参加并且帮助我们,
and believe it or not,
而不管你信不信,
she was the most useful person in the whole group.
在整个团队中她是最有用的人。
She was running around, having fun, and laughing all day.
她一整天跑来跑去,玩乐,开怀大笑。
It was great to have such a bright, warm, and loving person around.
有这样一个欢快的、充满热情和爱的人在真是太伟大了。
Some people worry about getting old.
有些人担心变老。
They do everything possible to age slowly.
他们尽一切可能慢慢变老。
I can understand.
我能理解。
I want to be able to move with speed and strength as long as possible.
我想能够尽可能长时间的保持速度和力量。
But watching my mother-in-law… my goodness,
但是看我婆婆……我的天,
I hope I have her strength and speed when I’m her age.
我希望自己在她的年龄时有她的力量和速度。
I hope my mind is as sharp as hers when I’m her age.
我希望自己在她的年龄时心智能像她一样。