A: Thank you so much for the lovely evening. My wife and I had such a good time.
非常感谢你是我们渡过了一个愉快的夜晚,我和妻子玩得非常开心。
B: You are quite welcome, Mike. Thank you for coming. We’ve been looking forward to seeing you for a long time.
欢迎你们来,麦克。感谢你们的光临。我们一直盼望着与你们相会。
Dialogue (2)A: Thank you very much for the beautiful book, Mr. Smith. It was very nice of you to remember my birthday.
非常感谢您从给我这本精美的书,史密斯先生。真感谢您还能记得我的生日
B: It was the least I could do. I hope you enjoy it.
这是我起码应该做的。我希望您能喜欢。
A: Thank you very much, Mr. John. That’s helped me a lot.
非常感谢您,约翰先生。这对我帮助太大了。
B: I’m glad I could be of some assistance. Let me know if you have any more questions later.
我很高兴能够帮助你。如果你以后还有什么问题,尽管跟我说。
A: I will. And thank you for giving up your coffee break to help. I know you need one after teaching three classes.
我会的。谢谢您放弃喝咖啡休息的时间帮助我。我知道上了三节课之后,您需要休息一下。
B: oh, I don’t mind. Teaching is what I love most.
噢,没关系。讲课是我喜欢做的事。
A: Well, good-bye and thanks again!
好吧,再见,再一次感谢您。
B: You’re welcome. See you in class Monday.
不用谢。下周一课堂见。
Dialogue (4)A: Excuse me. Are you okay? 请问,你没事吧?
B: Well, I’m not sure. 嗯,我也不知道。
A: what happened? 发生了什么事?
B: I was knocked down by someone on roller skates. 我被一个滑旱冰的人撞倒了 。
A: can I do anything to help? 我能帮您做点什么?
B: Huh? 啊?
A: Can I help? Should I call an ambulance? 我能帮你吗?需要我去叫救护车吗?
B: No. I think I’ll be all right. 不,我想我会好的。
A: Well, let me help you up. 那么,让我扶你起来吧。
B: Thanks. You are very kind. 谢谢。你真好。
A: Don’t mention it. 不客气。
Dialogue (5)A: You know, I keep forgetting to thank you for lending me your calculator.
你知道吗,我总忘记感谢你借我用你的计算器。
B: Oh, it was nothing. 哦,这没什么。
A: No. I mean it. It was very nice of you to lend it to me.
不,我是认真的。感谢你把他借给我。
B: I’m glad I could do it. 我很高兴能够帮助你。
FunctionsExpressing thanks and appreciation 表示感谢
you have no idea how grateful I am for … 你不知道我对… 是多么地感谢。 I am very grateful for… 我对…非常感谢。 Thank you very much for… 我对…十分感激。 That was very kind of you… 太谢谢你了 It’s very nice of you. 太谢谢您了。 Thank you. But I really shouldn’t have… 谢谢,可是你真不该这么做。 I’m really appreciate…我非常感激… Thank you. But you don’t need to. 谢谢。可是你不必这么做。 You’ve been most helpful 你帮大忙了。 Thanks a million. 万分感激。Responding to thanks. 对致谢的回答。
You are very welcome. 不用谢。 You are quite welcome. 不客气。 It was the least I could do. 这是我最起码应该做的 I’m glad I could do it. 我很高兴能这样做。 Don’t mention it. 不必提了。 It’s my pleasure. 很高兴效劳。 It’s all right. 没关系。 Not at all. 没什么。 It was nothing. 没什么。 Forget it. 忘记它把。Notes:
以英语为母语的人在生活中为许多事而感谢他人,如提供信息,发出邀请,赠送礼物,提供帮助和表示敬意。
表达感激之情的方式很多,从简单的‘thanks’, “thank you”,到复杂的 “thank you ever so much for…”, “you have no idea how grateful I am for…” 。
当你受到他人的感谢时,最简单而普通的回答是 “you are welcome”. 当然还有其他的回答方式,如 “it was my pleasure” ,“it was nothing”等。